Caraway Seed 16 oz
Whole Caraway Seeds are about 1/5 inch long, slightly curved and tapered at one end. The hard, brown seed shells have lighter colored ridges. This seed is a member of the parsley family and has a warm, sweet, slightly bitter, dill and anise-like flavor. Caraway seeds have a very pungent aroma.
Durkee Caraway Seeds add a unique flavor, while giving foods an interesting visual appearance. Caraway Seeds can also be used as a garnish.
Durkee Spices offer:
• Clear packaging designed for easy and efficient use, with convenient slip-guard side grips and a shake/pour cap
• Easy-to-read, full bilingual labels (English and Spanish)
• Complete nutritional panels on every product
• Unique tamper evident packaging preserves flavor and keeps spices as fresh as the day they were packaged
• Versatility and variety - from core spices and seasonings to value added blends
Use to flavor cakes, cookies, biscuits, cheese, applesauce, cottage cheese and fruits. This product's most recognized use is in rye bread. Use it when making bread or rolls. Great with sauerkraut, cooked pasta, potatoes of any kind and cabbage.
Start by using 1/8 tsp. per serving and adjust from there. For the most flavor, use at the beginning of the cooking process to allow the most flavor to be released from the seed. Grinding the seeds is another option. Toasting seeds adds another flavor dimension.
This product is packaged in a chef size clear recyclable plastic bottle with a tamper proof seal. For best results, store tightly closed in a cool dry place.
Shelf Life: 3 YEARS
|Add a Tag|