Spice Gumbo File
Durkee Gumbo File Seasoning is sassafras leaves which have been dried and ground to make file powder. It is pea green in color, fibrous and has a woodsy-like flavor reminiscent of root beer. Durkee Gumbo File Seasoning thickens as well as flavors foods.
Durkee Gumbo File Seasoning offers an easy to use, convenient and economical way to bring true Cajun flavor to your foods.
Durkee Spices offer:
• Clear packaging designed for easy and efficient use, with convenient slip-guard side grips and a shake/pour cap
• Easy-to-read, full bilingual labels (English and Spanish)
• Complete nutritional panels on every product
• Unique tamper evident packaging preserves flavor and keeps spices as fresh as the day they were packaged
• Versatility and variety - from core spices and seasonings to value added blends
Use as a seasoning for any Cajun dish. Great when preparing creoles, gumbo, soups, fish, shell fish, poultry, game, highly spiced meats and vegetable stews prepared in a Cajun fashion.
Gumbo File is added after the dish is removed from the heat, but while the liquid is still near boiling. It is stirred in and blended thoroughly. The dish must not be allowed to boil after the file powder is added or it will turn stringy. Start by using 1 teaspoon per 4 servings and adjust from there.
For more information on this product, call our "Spice Advice" number at 1-800-247-5251
or access our web site at www.durkee.com
This product is packaged in a chef size clear recyclable plastic bottle with a tamper proof seal. For best results, store tightly closed in a cool dry place.
Shelf Life: 2 YRS
|Add a Tag|