Whole Basil Leaves Spice 5.5OZ
A dried leaf of the basil plant, this product is one of the most popular culinary herbs. It has a rich grayish-green color and is similar in size to parsley flakes. The flavor is rich with sweet, minty notes with a touch of anise like flavor.
Durkee Whole Leaf Basil offers a convenient way to add a traditional flavor to Italian foods and other dishes. Its aromatic and deep flavor has a longer shelf life than fresh basil and will also save the end-user time, labor and money.
Durkee Spices offer:
- Clear packaging designed for easy and efficient use, with convenient slip-guard side grips and a shake/pour cap
- Easy-to-read, full bilingual labels (English and Spanish)
- Complete nutritional panels on every product
- Unique tamper evident packaging preserves flavor and keeps spices as fresh as the day they were packaged
- Versatility and variety - from core spices and seasonings to value added blends
Basil Leaf is an essential ingredient to almost any Italian dish. Try this product in pestos, spaghetti sauces or tomato sauces, pizza, herbed breads, stuffings, cheese spreads, or sprinkled on chicken, fish, beef, vegetables or bread.
For full flavor development, add Leaf Basil near the beginning of the cooking process but reserve 1/4 of the seasoning and shortly before serving. For even more flavor, crush the leaves slightly before adding to foods to release the oils and flavors contained within the leaves. Start with 1/4 tsp. per serving and adjust from there.
This product is packaged in a clear recyclable plastic bottle with a tamper proof seal. This product also comes packed in a 26 oz. premium sized bottle and a 6 lb. pail. For best results, store tightly closed in a cool dry place.
Shelf Life: 2 YRS
|Add a Tag|